Brucella Abortus Vaccine, Live, S 19 strain
Vaccine is recommended for prophylactic vaccination against BrucellaAbortus in cow.
BrucellaAbortusVaccine S19 Strain (Living) is in freeze-dried form. The vaccine is prepared just before use by reconstitution of freeze-dried vaccine with respective diluents.
After reconstitution with respective diluents each dose of 2 ml containsNLT 40 X 109 viable organism.
This vaccine is recommended for only female calves aged between 3 and 6 months as a single subcutaneous dose.
The vaccine is presented as freeze dried preparation in vials. Vaccine diluents vials of 2 ml or 5 ml are supplied for reconstituting freeze dried material. Chill the diluents prior to reconstitution. Transfer a small aliquot of chilled diluents to vials containing the freeze dried preparation. Mix well to ensure uniform suspension. Transfer the suspension to corresponding diluents vial and mix well. Subcutaneous injection at mid neck or thigh region is advocated through an area of clean dry skin with all precaution taken. Sterile needles and syringes should be used for every withdrawal.
No vaccinal reaction is recorded. In rare cases rise in temperature may be observed.
- Keep reconstituted vaccine on ice
- Use reconstituted vaccine immediately
- Part use of vial and restoring in deep freeze or refrigerator is not recommended
- Avoid vaccination of animals in advanced stage of pregnancy & infections
- Dispose the vaccine vial and syringe needles by autoclaving after use
- MOS helps in removing bad bacteria by competitive exclusion
- Oxine copper helps by acting as fungicide and improves intestinal health
Packaging & Storage
This vaccine is lyophilized in glass vials. It is available in 1, 2 &5 doses per vial with respective diluents. The diluents are presented in 2 ml, 5 ml and 10 ml vials.
The vaccine vials should be stored below 8°C. The diluents can be stored at room temperature.