Marek’s Disease Vaccine, Live, Frozen Rispens strain
Is recommended for vaccination of one day old chickens for prevention of Marek's Disease
The vaccine contains Serotype 1, Rispens CVI 988 strain of chicken herpes virus cell associated and frozen in a programmable freezer to preserve stability. It is supplied with diluents. The product meets rigid 'Quality Control' standards of Purity, Safety and Potency as per monographs of viral vaccines of I.P.
Each dose contains not less than 103 PFU of Serotype 1, Rispens CVI 988 Strain of chicken herpes virus.
This vaccine is recommended for use at 1 day of age, as a single dose at the hatchery.
- Use 200 ml of sterile diluents for each 1000 dose of vaccine
- Remove one ampoule of vaccine from the liquid nitrogen (LN2) container and thaw immediately by emerging in water at 25°C to 30°C temperature
- Break the ampoule at its neck and quickly take the vaccine with an 18 to 20 gauge needle
- Slowly add the content of the vaccine to the diluents bottle
- Rinse the ampoule twice with diluted vaccine and collect the material in diluted bottle
- Mix the bottle thoroughly by inverting the container 3 to 4 times, do not shake vigorously
- Use the vaccine diluents mixture 0.2 ml by subcutaneous inoculation only
The vaccine when stored at recommended conditions has a shelf-life of 2 years, which is indicated as an expiry date on the label.
Poor vaccination technique can result in swelling in the head or neck region.
- Do not take out the vaccine from liquid nitrogen container, until ready for use
- Use the sterile diluents supplied with the vaccine only
- Keep the bottle of diluted vaccine in ice bath during the entire vaccination period
- Agitate the bottle continuously
- Reconstituted vaccine should be used immediately
- Do not use chemical disinfectants for sterilization of vaccination equipments
- Vaccinate healthy birds only
- Use entire contents of the ampoule when opened
- Burn all used ampoules and unused contents
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter
- For veterinary use only
Packaging & Storage
This vaccine is frozen in 2 ml ampoule. It is available in 1000 doses per ampoule. It is supplied with diluents.
Store in liquid nitrogen (LN2) only.